- Diploma in Psychotherapy (Northern Guild for Psychotherapy & Counselling)
- Masters Degree in Integrative Psychotherapy (University of Wales)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (University of Wales)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (Edge Hill University, Liverpool)
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (University of Humberside)
- Diploma in Social Work (University of Humberside)
- I undertook Supervisor Training at the Leeds Psychotherapy Training Institute.
Whilst working as a social worker between1983 and 1996 I acquired an extensive knowledge and experience of working with all aspects of work with children and families and the civil and legal processes that this work involves.
During my social work training I acquired knowledge and experience of Family Therapy and how this method can be used to treat a wide variety of emotional and psychological disorders in children, adolescents, and families.
In addition to carrying a variety of other responsibilities, I facilitated groups for women with mental health problems; reminiscence groups for older and memory impaired clients; carers’ groups, for those looking after ailing and/or disabled relatives and social skills groups for people with learning difficulties.